Sunday, March 9, 2008

Oh my god! The Blog's on fire!

While trying to add in Haloscan's trackback functionality to the Blog today, I somehow managed to mangle the blog into erasing all previous comments. Never fear though, I'ver taken pains to restore vocalization to those gentle few who's actually stopped by and left something for me to read.

As it turns out, Haloscan's trackback functionality also comes with a really nifty looking comments editor (which, or so I hear, will allow me to actually moderate stuff too - should the unfortunate become necessary - rather than just delete, which is what Blogger offers).

Also, I'm not sure if the new commenting system allows for OpenID and Blogger sign in, which would be a real tragedy if it doesn't, so I'm going to experiment around with it and see.

In the meantime, and if I decide to stick with Haloscan (supposedly there's a way to get their trackback without their commenting system - still looking) commenting system, I offer my sincere (believe me, it probably hurts me more to see your comments go away than it does you) apologies, and I'll copy/paste the comments awhich I took pains to save after temporarily restoring the old template.

0 comments: